Here are the rules:
1. Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag seven other people
1. What is your current fashion obsession? Really thin kimono’s/flowy cardigans. So cute! 2. What is your current makeup obsession? I recently started using the NYX Tame and Frame Tinted Brow Pomade, and I absolutely love it! 3. What are you wearing today? Gray workout leggings, lavender -neck workout top, and black and gray Nike’s. 4. Hair? Down, with curls from yesterday + dry shampoo 5. What is something that immediately makes you happy when you’re down? I love watching puppies discover mirrors for the first time…weird I know… 6. Why is today special? Second day at the college I just transferred to, and I finally figured out the shuttle route. -_-“ 7. What would you like to learn to do? The splits! 8. What’s for dinner today? Tostino’s pizza rolls…don’t judge me… 9. What are you listening to right now? Sean Paul – Like Glue 10. What are your essentials when traveling? Makeup bag, charger, vans, sweats, and a gallon of water. 11. What’s your style? Pretty laid back. Usually jeans/shorts with a simple t-shirt, with gray laced vans. 12. What is your most challenging goal right now? Trying to stop being stressed about all my work I have to do for this semester… 13. Name the things you cannot live without? Family, friends, Harry Potter, water. 14. How was your childhood? It was pretty great! Lots of fun! My favorite part was family bbqs! Family was everywhere and I got to ride my bike all over the place. 15. What would you like to have in your hands right now? A pitbull puppy. 16. What would you like to get rid of? My student loans. 17. What are you most excited for? Meeting new people at my college and looking for an apartment with my best friend.
18. What is your favorite weather?Early November, when there’s no snow yet, but it’s chilly. I love that type of weather! 19. Which countries have you visited? Never been out of the U.S. Hoping one day to visit Egypt and the Czech Republic.
20. What do you associate when you hear the word “blogging”? I think of a lot of creative people writing about whatever they want because they want to share it with others, whether it’s to help them or just talk about their day.
21. What’s your favorite type of blog/article to read? I really like looking at skincare product reviews! I’m obsessed with them, and I also like to see what someone else thinks about certain events that haven happened/politics. I guess I have a varied ranged of interests….
Today, I wanted to share a new mask that I discovered at TJ Maxx! Yes, TJ Maxx! I’m obsessed with their skincare section. They have such a variety of different products and brands I’ve never heard of, you definitely need to check it out! The mask is by the brand Giovanni and it’s their D:Tox System Purifying Facial Mask. Check out my video for a review/demo below!
I absolutely love this mask! It’s cooling to the skin and it doesn’t really have a scent to it. I also really loved that when you put it on, it’s gray, but when it dries it’s a blue color. That lets you know exactly when it’s done. It also only takes twenty minutes!
The texture of the mask is like a moisturizing, type of clay. It’s very easy to put on and a little definitely goes a long way. After you wash the mask off, it makes your skin feel really clean. It has activated charcoal, volcanic ash, and super-antioxidants Acai, and Goji Berry. The activated charcoal and volcanic ash pull out the dirt and oil that’s on your face.
The mask works very well, but I would recommend using this one time a week. Since it does have specific ingredients that pulls everything off of your skin, it can get very drying if you use it more than once. After you wash it off, definitely use a moisturizer!
Overall, I’m in love with this mask! It’s amazing when you have oily/greasy/humid days! Keeps everything clean and smooth! Also, it’s only 5.99 at Tj Maxx! It’s inexpensive and efficient! Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried it!
It’s that time again! Mask Maven time! This month their theme is “Troubled Skin: Acne & Pores”. I am in love with all of these masks! I have oily combination skin and huge pores, so I’m excited to try these out! Check out my unbagging video for the descriptions of each mask! All the products are listed below!
Pure Derm Deep Cleansing Peeling Gel (x2)
Pure Derm Strawberry Yogurt Mask Pack
My Beauty Diary: Citrus Firming Aroma Mask
Hanaka Marigold Oil Control Sheet Mask
SNP Troubled Skin Care Essence Sheet Mask
Face Q Luffa Oil Control Sheet Mask
Esfolio Volcanic Water Essence Mask Sheet
Beauty Friends: Green Tea Sheet Mask
Beauty Friends Kiwi Sheet Mask
Mask Maven is a subscription service from the company Beauteque. They don’t just give masks for your face, they also give them for your feet, hands, and other places that need some love. Click here to check them out!
Let me know if you guys would like a review on a specific mask!
There’s been a lot of hype about the Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara, and I wanted to see if it lived up to it. I was waiting in line at Ulta and saw the sample sized version for about $12. I figured, why not?
I was expecting a lot out of this because of other reviews I’ve seen and honestly, I don’t like it. Don’t get me wrong, it does it’s job. It makes my lashes look thicker and longer, but I’m just not a fan of the formula. It’s too thick for me, and is very difficult to remove. I don’t like being harsh on my lashes and I can’t take the mascara off without losing a couple lashes. A lot of people like it for the thickness and since it’s hard to remove, it lasts a long time.
Left: Without Mascara Right: With Mascara
Personally, I prefer the Clinique High Impact Mascara. It give me thick, natural looking lashes, and is easy to remove. The “They’re Real” mascara, gives my the clumpy, spiky look. I hate that look on me. I even tried to de-clump with a lash comb, but even that couldn’t help. If you like that type of look, this is definitely for you!
Left: Without Mascara Right: With Mascara
Overall, I’m not in love with this mascara. In my opinion, there are many drugstore mascaras that can do what this does much better and they cost way less (the regular size is $24!). I hope you guys enjoyed this review!