Lately, I’ve been having lots of work issues and personal issues at the same time, and it’s just so much stress in a short time-span. Sometimes I get really sad or frustrated, but I always remember there are things that I can do to make myself feel better.
- Express your feelings – This is such a stress-reliever! For me, I tend to express my frustrations in two ways; talking it out and writing about it in my journal. Both ways help me get my thoughts together and contemplate the best way to fix or handle the situation. I do prefer talking it out with friends or my family, but sometimes some issues are better just for yourself, so writing it down really helps with those situations.
- Masks and movies – Sometimes a little self-care is perfect for mental health. I like to put on my favorite mask, sip some tea, and watch my favorite movies, no matter how cheesy they are. This time of the year, my go to ‘feel-better” movie is definitely Last Holiday, with Queen Latifah and LL Cool J. Such a funny, yet feel-good type of movie, can’t go wrong with the Queen.
- I feel like a lot of people use cleaning as a stress-reliever, and I can attest, it has totally helped me! Usually, when I’m going through something, I tend to have a messy environment because I’m just not in the mood to clean when I’m stressed. When I go into a cleaning frenzy (a little Sims lingo), it wears me out, plus a clean environment just makes me happier.
- Exercise – I know this may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but exercise helps me so much when I’m stressed. It takes my mind off of it, and I learned from Legally Blonde that exercising gives you endorphins, which makes you happy, and “happy people don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.”
- Eating – I don’t mean stress-eating or over-eating. I mean, treating myself to something I haven’t had in a while or going to my favorite place and ordering take out. My go-to place is a Thai restaurant a little further out from my general area. I love their food, but it’s more of a once in a while place I go to. When I’m feel stressed or anxious, I either get take out or just sit in a booth and eat their delicous food. The workers there are always sweet and know that I love my Pad Thai extra spicy. It’s just a place that I relate good vibes with, and it makes me feel better. Even going to your favorite cafe, and getting your favorite drink can help just a little.
- Guaranteed Laughs – I love Family Feud! Steve Harvey cracks me up so much. I’ve watched all the “funny moments” that Youtube has, and still crack up when I see them. Sometimes watching or doing something you know will make you laugh helps with stress as well, at least for me.
These are ways that I relieve stress. What’s your favorite way to relieve stress?
Leave a Reply